Monday, June 30, 2014

Old Plasticard & a Mission

So, I actually have almost an entire week at home due to the July 4th holiday, which is both amazing and good for hobby progress.  Unfortunately, my workspace is running at 41°C, which is murder to paint in unless you are using oils/enamels.  That got me to thinking about some older p-card projects that were on my shelf that aren't really dependent on what the weather is doing.  Not to mention, I can easily move them somewhere, away from my painting setup, that is cooler.

So, project#1 is old enough at this point to have yellowed, not that it makes a difference.  The scratchbuild is intended to be a 40K-sized Grotnought as described in the Epic Gargant Big Mob.  Several bits are magnetized & it has a full interior, which isn't all that common for walkers.  Full armament is something like a belly gun, snappa, combat 'ammer, and 4x big shootas.
Here are some of the bits laid out:
Some random bit shots:

Here is what it sort of looks like in the round partially assembled:


Now to find the rest of the missing parts and get back to detailing.  I feel pretty guilty about letting this sit for so long, but I'm committed to gaining some serious ground on it before the year is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment