Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Even more fun with P-card

I ran into my plasticard bits pile the other day while looking for some 1/35th scale armor for my son. It was a quick reminder of other projects that were not so painterly and how, sometimes, it's nice to put away the brushes & just build. Back to a lingering project taking up space on my Epic shelf: The Stompsmasha. Inspired by this brilliant bit of art from WD 116,
the great gargant, made out of paper & balsa, in this pic was born:
The plan is to re-skin the entire model in p-card and update the main armament. Lot's of fun to be had here with a model that has tons of nostalgic value for me. Overall, The Stompsmasha is roughly the size of a regular gargant, which ain't bad considering when I built it, there were no available Great Gargant models available from GW to use for comparison.
Since the p-card was already out, I did a test bit that I have been wanting to work on ever since looking at some of Ray R. Dunakin's amazing work. While Ray has the benefit of working on a larger scale, I think this test came out pretty solid. It's funny how p-card is really a better medium for wood on small scale projects; no "hairs" & you can impart a grain far easier than with basswood or balsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment